Sun. May 26th, 2024

The US suspended a shipment of bombs to the country last week over concerns that Israel is about to launch a major ground offensive in Gaza’s southernmost city of Rafah. A senior official of the US administration said this information.

The shipment prepared to be sent by ship contained bombs weighing 1.8 million 2 thousand pounds and 1.7 million 500 pounds. The American official told this information to CBS News, the media partner of the BBC in the United States.

The official said Israel had not “fully taken into account” US concerns about the humanitarian needs of civilians in Rafah.

“Our concerns were not fully taken into account in the discussions,” a senior White House official said. The decisive position of Israeli leaders to launch a major ground operation in Rafah was visibly indicated. As a result, we carefully reconsider the proposed arms shipment to Israel.

Israel had no immediate comment on the matter.

The official of the White House administration said, “The position of the United States is that Israel should not conduct a large-scale ground operation in Rafah.” Because there are more than 1 million Palestinians taking shelter. They have nowhere else to go.’

READ MORE : Quão perto está o Iran de ter armas nucleares?

This official said that the United States is in talks with the country in the framework of the Strategic Consultative Group on how Israel will meet the humanitarian needs of civilians in Rafah and conduct separate operations against Hamas there.

A senior White House official added, “Discussions are still ongoing and our concerns have not been fully addressed.” The decisive position of Israeli leaders to launch a major ground operation in Rafah was visibly indicated. As a result, we carefully reconsider the proposed arms shipment to Israel. These weapons may have been used by Rafa.

The U.S. suspended a bomb shipment to Israel last week as a result of a review of the proposal, and a final decision on the shipment has yet to be made, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

About 1 million Palestinians have fled northern and central Gaza and taken refuge in Rafah due to continued attacks by Israeli forces. They are staying in piles of tents there. Israel launched the operation in Rafah on Monday, a day after ordering 100,000 Palestinians from the eastern part of the city to take shelter in tents in Khan Younis. Palestinians have started fleeing from here to save their lives.

On October 7 last year, the Palestinian independence organization Hamas launched an unprecedented attack on Israel. In response, Israel has been carrying out a hellish campaign in Gaza since that day. More than 34 thousand 780 Palestinians have been killed so far in their indiscriminate attacks. Countless injured.

By NAIS

THE NAIS IS OFFICIAL EDITOR ON NAIS NEWS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *